1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- 1.1 Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- 1.2 Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including name, address, phone numbers or other business details.
- 1.3 Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- 1.4 Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- 1.5 Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- 2.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- 2.2 We may use both (session) cookies and (persistent) cookies on the website.
a.) Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We may use the session cookies to; keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security.
b.) Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. We may use the persistent cookies to; enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
- 2.4 We may publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using the DART cookie.
a.) You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
b.) You can opt out of the AdSense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/ or by using the NAI's (Network Advertising Initiative's) multi-cookie opt-out mechanism at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- 2.5 Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block All Cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.2 We may use your personal information to:
a.) administer the website;
b.) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
c.) enable your use of the services available on the website;
d.) send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
e.) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
f.) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
g.) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
h.) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
i.) provide third parties with statistical information about our users - this information cannot be used to identify any individual user;
j.) keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
k.) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
l.) use your personal information to verify identify and run a credit search;
m.) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
- 3.3 Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us or with the subscription terms of this website.
- 3.4 We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- 3.5 We do not store credit card details, ever!
- 4.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries).
- 4.3 In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
a.) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b.) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
c.) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
d.) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
e.) competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
5. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- 5.2 Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States and Japan which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
- 5.3 In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- 5.4 You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- 6.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall-protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- 6.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 6.4 You are responsible for keeping your password (and other login details) confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
7. POLICY AMENDMENTS
8. YOUR RIGHTS
- 8.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to;
- a.) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- b.) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- 8.2 We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- 8.3 You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- 9.1 Local-Osteo.co.uk (the website) contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. UPDATING INFORMATION
- 10.1 Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- 11.1 With your permission we may use your personal details to give you information about products and services available via www.local-osteo.co.uk and other members of our group company, which may be of interest to you. If personal information is passed on, it is only such information as would allow them to contact you, by telephone, email, post, mobile messaging and other means.
- 11.2 You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by writing an email to: email@example.com.
- 11.4 We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party organisations.
12. INFORMATION & CONTACT